The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, children are playing in the sprinkler outside — and you are slowly dying inside due to a pollen overload.
Don’t let pollen ruin your spring! Here are a few tips that may help you survive this year’s pollen infestation.
- Know your allergen triggers. If you know what specifically makes your body go into panic mode, you have a better chance of avoiding your triggers.
- If you can stay inside, do it. We know that most people can’t stay inside all day, and we get that. Limit your time outside when the pollen counts are high; there is no need to put yourself in harm’s way.
- If you have to go outside, which you probably do, do so later in the day. As the day goes by, pollen tends to die down.
- Don’t let pollen in your home! If you’re outside when pollen counts are high, change your clothes as soon as you get home. Don’t chance it!
- When you’re driving, keep the windows rolled up.