A fight may have sparked a fire spreading to multiple rooms in a Houston motel

Four rooms were damaged and guests were displaced after an overnight fire consumed parts of a northwest Houston motel.

RELATED: Man’s haunted footage from South Texas motel goes viral

The incident happened at around 4:30 a.m. Thursday at the Garden Suites motel off SH-249 and Old Bammel N Houston Road when police believe a couple in a first-floor room fought and a fire erupted.

According to the fire chief, guests at the property heard a man and a woman arguing and screaming in that room around 3 a.m.

While the woman later left the hotel, the man was found on the ground outside. He was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

[protected-iframe id=”39f4645221ecdb34f7e0e0a3f0995634-46934866-120279019″ info=”http://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=2833312″ width=”476″ height=”267″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””]

RELATED: Here’s the latest on the Texas teen rescued from human trafficking on Thanksgiving

What do you think?

Police ask out how Pepsi machine wound up in Canadian field—and Twitter has theories

Watch what happens when this lizard tries to steal eggs from a chicken coop