At what age is it OK to ask children to put on mop socks and clean the floor with their feet?
Tyson and I agree that this should happen as soon as they’re able to walk. But obviously, you know your own kids better than we do, so use your discretion with this trick.
By the way, I can’t take credit for this. My girlfriend, Sarah, runs a blog called Fat Girl at Heart, and this is her idea.
Sarah makes an all-natural cleaner and uses it every day. It has no chemicals, so it won’t harm the kiddos. To make it, fill a bottle:
- ¾ of the way with vinegar
- ¼ of the way with witch hazel
- Add 10 drops tea tree oil
I also like to add a few drops of grapefruit oil to make it smell especially good. You know I love my essential oils.
Spray the cleaner on the floor, then hand the kids some shoe mops (I bought mine from Amazon — they’re super inexpensive and come in a variety of colors) and start the dance party!
This trick leaves your hardwood floors sparkling clean! Seriously, I can almost eat off the floor in my dining room now. And I didn’t have to lift a finger to get it this way.
More cleaning tips and tricks from Elissa the Mom:
- How to degrease kitchen cabinets in seconds
- Refresh your toilet with essential oil
- How to rid your towels of mildew
- Vinegar and an old sock can make your window blinds look like new
- How to make your own disinfecting wipes
- Use ammonia to clean your filthy burners
- These special ice cubes freshen a stinky garbage disposal
- Spritz this DIY shower spray every day to avoid mildew buildup
Watch new videos from Elissa the Mom every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!