Ricky Martin beat allegations of forced incest on Thursday. A judge in Puerto Rico dismissed the claims that his nephew previously alleged.
The nephew withdrew the allegations, which also included physical and psychological abuse. The judge withdrew a temporary restraining order after the nephew said he no longer needed it, according to NBC News.
Ricky Martin’s Vehement Denial
Ricky Martin, 50, vehemently denied the allegations. On Thursday, he tweeted a statement from his attorneys. They are Joaquín Monserrate-Matienzo, Carmelo Dávila, and Harry Massanet Pastrana.
It read: “Just as we had anticipated, the temporary protection order was not extended by the Court. The accuser confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the matter was his alone.
“This was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations,” the statement continued.
The attorneys said the claims lacked any evidence.
“We are glad that our client saw justice done,” the statement read.
Ricky Martin previously tweeted that the allegations were false. However, he said he couldn’t make “detailed statements” about the matter.
“I will respond through the judicial process with the facts and the dignity that characterize me,” he previously said. “Because it is an ongoing legal matter, I cannot make detailed statements at this time. I am grateful for the countless messages of solidarity, and I receive them with all my heart.”
The restraining order would have expired today.
Despite the controversy, the man best known for Livin’ La Vida Loca is scheduled to perform at LA’s Hollywood Bowl. He will appear on Friday and Saturday, for the first time ever at the venue.