Oh, how I miss college. I truly do. You could get away with pretty much anything if you think about it! There are almost no responsibilities, except of course maybe going to class. 21-year-old university student Rosie Cole from Hull University is the perfect example of that. Basically, she had to be rescued by firefighters when she got stuck in her tumble dryer. This after her housemates couldn’t pull her out. Oh, Rosie, this is a story and video footage that will haunt you for the rest of your life.
Bored out of their minds, the undergraduates from Yorkshire in the UK decided to down some bottles of Zinfandel wine. Oh and some honey tequila shots too for that special touch. They then dared their friend to take a literal tumble. According to Cole, “It wasn’t until I wiggled both my hips in and got my legs crossed behind me that I realized I couldn’t get out.”
She continued, “I am a bit dramatic so I didn’t think it was that bad at first and my house mates were making me laugh.”
Rose Takes a Tumble
But, the laughter quickly died realizing it wasn’t one of her finest moments. The student, who was in an inebriated state, realized that she couldn’t uncross her legs and her hip was stuck. She noted, “Especially when I tried to free myself the dryer tipped forward and I couldn’t get myself out. My arms were starting to hurt trying to hold myself up, and it was pretty hot inside the dryer.”
Her friends, being the influencers they are, decided to record every moment of it. Because well, who doesn’t like some good viral content? So, they quickly called the first respondents to help Cole. It took a total of three emergency service firefighters to successfully rescue the drunk student. Apparently, the student told local authorities that she thought there was “no chance” that she would fit in there. Let alone physically get stuck. But, no, she did, and there is now a viral video. One showing the 3 firemen from the Humberside Fire & Rescue Service pulling the pretzeled-up student out of the household appliance.
Don’t Drink and Dry
What was the drunk college student’s excuse for getting in the dryer in the first palace? She stated, “I’m not going to lie, I never do my own washing anyway. I’ve never even used the dryer — but maybe I should start putting my clothes in it when they’re not on my body.” Her roommate Lydia Dunwell, 21, was sleeping at the time of the incident. She was hilariously awoken when she heard the sirens.
The psychology major said she was “speechless” and “shocked” at the sight of Cole trapped. But of course decided to grab her iPhone, record it, and post it on social media. As I said, thank god for that! Hey students, I know it’s cool being on your own and what not…but let’s not try to get ourselves killed. I bet this student won’t touch any washing machines or dryers soon.